Community

Have you got the FEAR?

Overcoming your fear of the gym   When it comes down to it, much of what prevents people from embarking on a journey to become more fit and healthy is FEAR: Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of getting injured, fear of not fitting in, fear of...

read more

When your gym honeymoon ends

When your gym honeymoon ends…   Whether we’re talking about fitness or dating, there’s no better feeling than the honeymoon stage. You know the stage: Those first few days, weeks, maybe even months when your newfound relationship or passion for the gym is novel...

read more

Intelligent progression

Choosing progressions doesn’t show weakness: It shows intelligence   Handstand push-ups are on the agenda today:   Some athletes kip, others do strict deficit sets, but the great majority choose a “progression” to get through their sets—be it pike push-ups,...

read more

Diet Confusion

Diet Confusion Why is it that some people can have a couple bites of goat cheese on a salad and find themselves constipated for two days, while others can eat an entire ring of brie cheese guilt-free without even an inkling of a digestion trouble?   When it comes...

read more

7 Keys to better joint health

When we think about working out, our muscles are usually top of mind. After all, most of our fitness goals seem to surround our muscles: Add 10 KG. to my back squat. Improve my pulling strength. Improve my pushing strength. Etc. We do much less thinking about our...

read more

What you can expect from your Coach for life

What you can expect from your coach for life One of the things we pride ourselves on at Ascendance is being able to provide all our clients with a coach for life.   What’s a coach for life?  Well, it’s something you won’t find at many gyms! The majority of...

read more

December Disaster & Bliss Balls Free recipe

Does December have to mean a derailed diet and a holiday belly?   Year after year, December is a month of festive gorging. We’re not even at the midpoint of the month yet, and people are already feeling the holiday pooch start to form.   While we encourage...

read more

Training vs Testing

Training days versus Test days The early CrossFit days looked a bit different than today. Back then the goal was, ‘How much can we fuck you up today?’ Not anymore. Yes, sometimes you will feel like you overdosed when you push yourself to the limit, but that feeling...

read more

Prescription for a great life… #liveyourlife

Prescription for a Great Life   When we opened Ascendance our purpose wasn’t about producing elite athletes to compete at the CrossFit Games. And it still isn’t.   Yes, we want you improving your fitness and hitting PRs regularly, but our mission is so much...

read more

Private Coaching – Dory

At Ascendance we pride ourselves on the personal touch. Many of our successful clients have gone Above & Beyond their goals through Private coaching. Here is Christine Doran aka "Dory" during one of her weekly private sessions. As a busy working mummy she finds it...

read more

Ascendance Weightlifting… SHOW TIME!

Hello!!! Ascendance Downpatrick is delighted to announce the opening of our Weightlifting club this summer. Ascendance Weightlifting welcomes people from all levels of experience. From those who have never lifted a barbell to those who have lifted on a competition...

read more

Motivation & Attitude

Ability is what you are capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do and Attitude determines how well you do it. On Friday June 24th we took two teams of 4 (2 ladies, 2 gentlemen) to compete at OLY league #3 in CrossFit BL Coalisland. Jules, Dory, Lenny  &...

read more

Member Spotlight – Jules

Say HELLO to Jules! Jules is one of our most consistent members and has shown incredible dedication in her time here so far. She is a lot of fun to work with and has a lot of determination.   When did you first start Ascendance? September 2014   Favorite...

read more

Motivation?

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want." Muhammad Ali. Anybody can change, all you need is the motivation to start.   Clare had the motivation to say hello and has never looked...

read more

Member Spotlight – SJ

Say HELLO to Sammie Jo Ward (SJ) SJ is one of the brightest stars in the Ascendance constellation and has gone through a remarkable transformation in her time here so far. We are incredibly proud of her and her achievements to date. When did you first start...

read more

A Muchier breakfast

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, During a busy morning, it's easy to let breakfast fall low in your list of priorities, but taking just a few minutes to have something to eat can really make a difference to your day. Breakfast provides the...

read more

Clares Transformation

Say Hello to Clare,  one of the brightest stars in our Ascendance constellation. Clare came to us 12 months ago having recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. 4 weeks later she had lost 15lbs that's over 1 stone! No fancy diet, no magic fat burning...

read more